November 5, 2012

What a night?!

Remember in my previous post I stated Halloween creeps me out. Well we had an eventful Halloween.

Midnight. I couldn't sleep. Sure hubs is snoring away. Ella is sound asleep.

All of a sudden I heard someone try and open our front door.
Immediately I hit the hubs and told him someone is trying to get the house. As soon as I heard someone rattle the front door, baby girl woke up screaming....The hubs and I go search the house and check all the nooks and crannys. Double checked all the doors and windows, locked.

Nothing.

So we headed back upstairs.
Something still wasn't sitting right with me. Nor the hubbs.
I knew what I heard and I heard someone trying to open our front door.
The hubs went back to bed, so I thought. I saw the TV light flashing in the hallway. He was waiting up for me.
As I sat there nursing baby girl back to sleep. I kept hearing car noises. I knew something wasn't right. As soon as I was going to put Ella back in her crib to go check out the ruckus. Hubs comes running out and down the stairs screaming, "someone is breaking into our car." I immediately pick up Ella and follow hubbs to the front door. He goe's out running and chasing the kid. I immediately call 911.

The cops arrive within 10 minutes. After the hubbs gives the cops a description of the kid and the getaway car. The cops have caught a suspect. Within 15 minutes they bring the suspect back to our house so the hubbs can identify him. It was him. BUSTED.

Ever since I have become a mom, I have been paranoid about the house being locked up. I am OCD and will check the locks at least 3 times before going upstairs and even after I will come check them again before going to sleep. So the hubbs tends to think I am somewhat paranoid. So when I woke him up that night his thoughts were..."love everything is fine, you are paranoid."

But not this night. Hubbs was waiting for me to come back to bed, because he had a feeling something was not right. As he was lying there he saw a car driving down our circle. He thought to himself it's kind of late for someone to be coming down our street. So as he was watching the headlights made a stop in front of our house. Hubbs quickily got up and peered out the window to find a kid get out of this silver four door car and into our BWM. That is when all hell broke lose.

Looking back some events of the evening were humorus and then some were not. Imagine the hubbs in just his basketball shorts chasing this kid down the road. Screaming every profanity word in the dictionary. Me with one side of my nursing bra down screaming catch him babe and some profanity :) And the kid screaming back at the hubbs I'm so sorry I dropped everything, please don't hurt me.

Seems like it was a scene from a movie. A scary movie. The next day I went to work and reality settled in. Once I was able to settle down and my adrenline wasn't pumping, I began to think.
What if we didn't lock the front door that night?
What if someone had entered my house? A place where I am supposed to feel safe. Somewhere where I am raising my family. What if anything happened to my daughter.
I broke down that day. I think I was emotionally shooken up and overly tired. My baby girl is my everything and I will do anything to protect her. She is my everything.

Note to all robbers: DON'T MESS WITH MY FAMILY.

2 comments:

  1. I have OCD with the locks too. Better safe then sorry. So glad that you and your family are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? I always tell the hubbs yeah I may be paranoid, but what if I didn't lock the doors that night....I don't even want to imagine. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete