March 20, 2014

8 Months (32 weeks)

WOW, I can't believe we are almost there...This pregnancy has gone by slow yet super fast. Makes no sense whatsoever. But I can't believe baby boy will be here in 8 weeks or less. Speaking of less, we had a little scare yesterday. Since Friday, I had some braxton hicks and then some abdominal cramps. I had a really busy weekend and just kept pushing through. I tend to think I can do a lot more than I really can. Well on Tuesday evening, I was tossing and turning all night with these really bad pains. I figured they weren't contraction since they weren't in my uterus, but right under my boobs where I believe my stomach has been smashed. I thought it was a stomach flu or something did not sit right. By morning I was in tears. The pain was intense enough to knock me off my feet. All I could do was breathe through it. The hubs decided to take me to the emergency room. When we got there they admitted me into Labor & Delivery. Where we did the stress tests. Baby looked good, but my uterus was very active. Sure enough I was having contractions. This surprised me since I thought it was just a stomach ache. So they put an IV in me and pumped me full of fluids. They ran some other tests to make sure everything else was okay and if he needed to put me on steroids. We waited a few hours for the results. Everything came back negative!!!! Good news. So they sent me home with a follow up appt today.

I woke up well rested, thanks to my amazing husband who let me rest all day yesterday. (It's hard when you have an active 2 year old) I slept really well and wasn't having anymore contractions. So when I went in my doctor told me they wanted to run a stress test to make sure I wasn't contracting. No contractions and baby boy looks healthy! We are going to go in to the doctors every 2 weeks now, just so the doctor can keep an eye on me and the baby boy.





How far along are you? 32 weeks (8 months)
How big is your baby? 3.75lbs
How long is your baby? 16.7 in. the size of a large jicama
How much weight have you gained? 20lbs Yikes  
Do you have any stretch marks? Nope
Are you wearing maternity clothes? Normal shirts, but I live in my maternity pants. 
How are you sleeping through the night? Not really 
What was the best moment this week? Just soaking up the time I have with my little girl.
Food cravings: Jamba juices
Movements? Yes he is wild inside the womb.
Belly button? I officially have an outtie.
What I miss? Sleeping on my stomach. 
Labor signs? Yep we had some braxton hicks and contractions. But were doing good now. Just need to take it easy. 
What I am looking forward to? Our baby shower next weekend!
Milestone? Keeping baby boy in and cooking him a little more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment